Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End


The third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean was fun & exciting. At World’s End really brought you to the end of the world. From the edges of the pirating world to Davey Jones’ Locker, Pirates was filled with great twists and turns. The fight scenes and escape scenes were fantastic. Jack Sparrow’s mind is an interesting place to get lost.

Johnny Depp gives another fantastic performance as Jack Sparrow. He’s rugged and dirty and hilarious. How sexy is Orlando Bloom? (I think I love him a little.) Especially while he turns the wheel of the Flying Duchman. Kiera Knightly gives damsels a chance to kick as the Pirate King. But, has she lost a lot of weight. She looks really thin in the film. (Also in the June issue of Vogue she looks super thin. What she always this thin?)

One problem, it’s just too long! I could have done without about half an hour of that film. The pacing was off too. It didn’t feel steady. I think they official run time is 2hours 48mins. Those 48mins were probably not necessary. I really like the beginning, I really like the end. They should have cut something out of the middle to make it more enjoyable.

Go see it. I think the time is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment