Saturday, May 10, 2008

Iron Man

I hope I don’t give anything away


Everyone needs to go see Iron Man! It was fantastic! You don’t even notice the time go by. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow were awesome. I think they did an amazing job with casting. Robert Downey Jr. really captures Tony Stark’s philandering ways. He’s charming and extremely intelligent and it was translated wonderfully on screen. The only thing, regarding the cast, I wasn’t totally for was making Jarvis into a computer. He’s supposed to be the loyal butler. He takes care of Stark and eventually of the Avengers mansion as well. I suppose they’ll integrate that into the story whenever they get around to doing an Avengers movie. Maybe they didn’t want it to be too similar to Batman. Still, Iron Man is a hot, must see, action movie.

That’s another thing, to me, it’s an action movie. I loved every bit of it. The effects were amazing, the explosions were big, but it’s not a “comic book movie” the way Spiderman was. There are terrorists and men on fire and death scenes. Iron Man kills several terrorists who are holding people hostage. In the theatre, there were a lot of kids. There were kids, who I think, were too young to watch this movie. It’s violent, not all throughout, there’s a fair bit of humour to offset it, but I’m not sure I would take an seven-year-old to see this. It’s rated PG-13 and I would take that rating seriously.

But for all of you old enough to watch tanks blow up, Iron Man is a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment