Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It’s Hot Out Here: Part 2


Another heated top ten from The Broke and The Bookish.  Last week was a list of our Top Ten Beach Reads.  This week we look at the Top Ten Books On My Summer List.  In no particular order (mostly because I can’t decide if I should read number 1 next or number 6).

1. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments 1), by Cassandra Clare
2. City of Ashes(Mortal Instruments 2), by Cassandra Clare
3. City of Glass (Mortal Instruments 3), by Cassandra Clare
4. City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments 4), by Cassandra Clare
5. City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments 5), by Cassandra Clare
6. Divergent (Divergent 1), by Veronica Roth
7. Insurgent (Divergent 2), by Veronica Roth
Side note: Don't judge.  I saw all these books on sale and couldn't resist.  I keep hearing amazing things about them. So, the price was right and I bought them (not all at the same time).
8. Everything's Eventual, by Stephen King - I know it's been on my short list forever, and I keep meaning to get to it.  I don't know what my problem is.
9. The Chronicles of Narnia:  The Magician's Nephew, by C.S. Lewis
10. Bodily Harm, by Margaret Atwood
11. The Hunter's Blade Trilogy 1: The Thousand Orcs, by R.A. Salvatore
12. Fool, by Christopher Moore

We will see if this list works out better than the last.  I also know it’s more than ten books, but from what I've heard, those books on the first two-thirds of my list are quick reads.

What will you be reading this summer?

Also, should I read 1 or 6 next?  (Currently, I’m reading Canada, by Richard Ford.)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you'll enjoy all of your books :)

    I've read both City of Bones (haven't read the rest of the series) & Divergent and I say go with Divergent :)

    Books 7-12 are on my tbr list, too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series, so my vote is to read those books first. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards at least reading City Of Bones first. Then I think I'll decided if I continue with the series or switch to Divergent.

      Delete
  3. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog :D !
    That is such a great list !!! The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series ! And you should read the prequel series The Infernal Devices too I loved even more !
    Oh I loved Divergent as well ! It was one of my favorite book in 2011 even if i'm not a huge fan of dystopian books. I was a little disappointed by Insurgent though :/.
    Happy reading - Bonne lecture !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually recently picked up a copy of Clockwork Prince too. So many great books!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh, The Mortal Instrument and Divergent series!! Love them all! I hope you will love them just as much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read them all! So many good books to read this summer.

    ReplyDelete