Tuesday, July 31, 2012

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments 2)


I have to resist the urge to run downstairs and get the next book in Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series.  City of Ashes was so exciting.  The story was different from the first book.  The characters are growing and changing.  New, interesting, frightening characters are coming into the mix.  There are still mysteries to figure out.  City of Ashes had everything I was looking for and more.

Let me be vaguely spoilery for a minute, so I can talk about what I just finished reading…  

I can’t believe what happened to Simon.  I didn’t see that coming.  I saw Maia coming, but not the other stuff, which makes him even more interesting.  I’m excited to see how his character develops in the next books.

Jace, seriously, I wanted to yell at him to shut up so many times.  I suppose part of reading these books are remember that the characters are teenagers.  Sitting in the restaurant and talking about how he never lets her talk, then not letting her talk is so frustrating.

Also, best cliffhanger of a last line ever.  I’ve read a few series where the end leaves you longing for the book, but none that throws a last punch like that.  That moment, with Madeline and Clary was perfect.

Cassandra Clare has me firmly in her clutches.


No comments:

Post a Comment