Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Art Made With Love


I had to post this picture. It is at my parent’s house the day after the wedding. We’re with our parents, some of our wedding party (the least hungover ones) and a few close relatives. We decided it would be nice to open our presents with some of the people closest to us. (There wasn’t anyone there that we had to fake liking a present to.) It was actually a nice morning/early afternoon. My parents served brunch. We thought it would be a nice way to wind the weekend down and get to talk about everything that happened from the rehearsal to the after party our wedding party apparently had!

I digress. I wanted to talk about this photo. In it, I am holding up a wonderful, handmade card. Created by my talented cousin, Suzanne. It is clear that she took a lot of time in making the card. She drew and coloured all the flowers. (There are some more lovely flowers on the front of the card, but you can’t see them in this photo.) She cut out each of the letters. It’s definitely a mixed media kind of piece. So much care went into the making of the card, you can easily tell. I thought it was so sweet and simply fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment