Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ella Enchanted

I just saw Ella Enchanted last night for the first time. It was the cutest movie! I want to go out and buy a copy. I know it’s silly for me to be sucked in by this nouveau fairy tale, but I couldn’t help it. I think Anne Hathaway is fabulous, so I just had to watch!

It’s loosely a Cinderella sort of story. There’s a wicked step-mother and step-sisters. There’s a fairy godmother and a handsome prince. Midnight, of course, is a special time in this tale. But there are major differences. Ella’s father is well and alive. Ella travels to find her fairy godmother to get her to take back her “gift”. She also doesn’t swoon at the sight of Prince Char. Ella tells him what she thinks about the state of the kingdom and his politics. We get to watch them fall in love; it’s not just marriage after one dance. So many things are working against Ella and Char, but their love conquers all. Sappy, I know, but I was really in a mood for a movie that just makes you feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment