Some of these Top Ten Books are to Read In A Day, because they are quick reads. Others are for one day reading because it's difficult to put them down.
1. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins - You could potentially read the whole series in a day.
2. Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris - It's easy to fall for Sookie and Bill in one day.
3. Undead and Unwed, by Maryjanice Davidson - Decide if you love Betsy or can't stand her craziness. I love her and you can decide in a day.
4. Confessions of a Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella - You can get excited and feel embarrassed with Becky. Go through this fun Chick Lit adventure easily in one day.
5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, by J.K. Rowling - It's been so long since I read the first Harry Potter book. It would be nice to sit back and take in Harry's first adventure in just a day.
6. A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Houseinni - It would be a long, emotional day and you might cry at the end, but this book is so difficult to put down.
7. The Gum Thief, by Douglas Coupland - Coupland's writing is so fluid, it is difficult tear yourself away; you want to know what is going to happen to these characters.
8. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams - So good and fun and I think it would be easy to read in a day.
9. The Helmet of Horror, by Victor Pelevin - I read this in a day by accident. It was such an easy read, I was sitting with my hubby and the next thing I knew it was done!
10. The Penelopiad, by Margaret Atwood - An easy, potentially one-day read, for any Atwood fan. You really want to know what happens to Penelope in end.
Except for The Helmut of Horror, all of these books took me more than a day to read. It's been a long time since I've had the kind of time where I can just sit and read my time away. But if I was without the children, maybe on a vacation or something, I could read any of those books in a day.
Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for another great topic.