Monday, April 02, 2012

The Hunger Games (The Movie)

I loved The Hunger Games movie.  I will try to be as vague as possible, so that I don't spoil anything for those who haven't seen the movie yet.  Yes, there were a few bits that I would have liked to be more like the book, especially the muttations, but whenever a book gets made into a movie, things have to go.  Also, I would have liked the end of the movie to be a bit more like the book, concerning Katniss and Peeta's relationship, it was too positive.  The movie was a lot of action; a lot of the explanatory parts were very condensed, but since the movie was almost 2.5 hours, that is understandable.  Gale also felt a little stuffed into the movie, but whatever.

Overall, I was not disappointed.  I enjoyed The Hunger Games and my hubby did too.  If they made my hubby like this movie, I think they did a good job.  This movie is definitely not just for fans of the book.  People who like action movies will probably like this too.  A warning for those who think it’s all about the “teen romance”, it’s not.  There is death, a lot of it (not that it’s brutally violent, it’s rated PG-13).  It’s about 12-18 year-olds killing each other.  In The Hunger Games, the rules are 24 go in, only one comes out.  Some of the people in the theatre sounded shocked at some of the death scenes; what did you think was going to happen?  I described it once to someone as homicidal Survivor… with teens.

One more thing, I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  It must still be leftover pregnancy hormones or something (they can last for a year post-partum), because the same scene that got me a bit teary in the book, got me in the movie too.  I’m so crazy!  It’s not like I haven’t read the book twice!  I knew it was coming, but it was so wonderfully done and pretty much what I had pictured in my head.  There is a lot of emotion in this movie, so don’t be surprised if you end up feeling whatever it is Katniss is feeling too.


They Saw It Too:

No comments:

Post a Comment