What are the best books I've read so far in 2013? The Broke and The Bookish want to know. I've been lucky. Except for one truly disappointing book, I've read some really great novels so far this year. I've limited the list to just novels, because if I included the fantastic poetry and short stories I've read on this list, I would have a much more difficult time deciding what titles to include.
In no particular order, the best books of 2013 so far:
1. The Deception of Livvy Higgs, by Donna Morrissey2. Legend, by Marie Lu
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
4. And The Mountains Echoed, by Khaled Hoseinni
5. Falling Kingdoms, by Morgan Rhodes
6. Redshirts, by John Scalzi
7. Dead Ever After, by Charlaine Harris
8. The Wind Through The Keyhole, by Stephen King
9. Everything's Eventual, by Stephen King
10. The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis
What are the best books you've read so far this year?