Monday, August 24, 2015

First Books In A Series

I think I might make fall First Books Season. I look at my shelves, as I so often do, and I see all these books that are "the first", the first in a series. Often I see the second and third books for sale and I wonder, should I buy the next book? I haven't read the first book yet, what if I don't like it? I don't want to waste my money on buying more books in a series if I don't like the first book. When the books are on for a discount, that makes them so much more tempting.  I know I'm two steps from being a total book hoarder, but I'm resisting those steps.  I'm trying to make smarter choices with my limited space. So, I need to read these first books.  I need to decide if these series are for me.  I need to know which books to spend my money on.

Some firsts I might read this fall:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone, by Laini Taylor
Enclave, by Ann Aguirre
Bloodsucking Fiends, by Christopher Moore
Cinder, by Marissa Meyer
The Diviners, by Libba Bray
A Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness
Of Poseidon, by Anna Banks
The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde
Omens, by Kelley Armstrong
Partials, by Dan Wells

I think I'll stop here.  I could go on, but it's not like I could even read these 10 in 3 months unless I took some time from my job and family life (I could stop sleeping).  Which one should I start with? They all sound so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment