Monday, January 25, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


So, I decided to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this weekend while doing work in the kitchen. I don't know why. Maybe because I knew I wouldn't need to pay serious attention. That sounds kind of bad, but I wanted something that I could have on while wiping and chopping and washing. Yay for Netflix on the iPad! It makes housework a little less boring.

As for the movie, it was better than I expected. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was on TV when I was a kid. I remember getting the April O'Neil action figure one year (though I had wanted a Michelangelo or Raphael - but I was a girl, so whatever). With every movie, every remake, they've changed something from that original cartoon series, though pizza seems to always play a part, no matter the decade. This version has been updated, the Turtles don't yell "cowabunga", though they sneak it in. Shredder looks pretty wicked in this movie, that's not just armour, it has an "Iron Man" quality. I like the bad guy's nefarious plot against the city. I like that April fights against type-casting in the news world, wanting to be a serious journalist. I wouldn't mind sitting down, relaxing and watching it on my TV instead of the little tablet. The movie was fun and entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever watch the original movies? I think of the second one every time I have pizza, strangely enough. They were definitely on the campy side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I watched the first two, but it's been so long, I don't really remember them. Definitely campy, but I remember loving them. I should watch them again sometime.

      Delete