Sunday, January 22, 2017

Captain Marvel: Altis Volat Propiis

Captain Marvel: Alis Volat Propiis is apparently the last book in Kelly Sue DeConnick's run with Captain Marvel. It was great. Alis Volat Propriis was fun and exciting, and so was the rest of the series. (Vague Spoilers.) The story ended much more quietly than I thought it would, but that's okay. I liked the ending. It was reflective and focused on Captain Marvel's growth. It also reinforced how much I like Spider-Woman and am growing more interested in Rhodey. The ending was emotional, happy and sad, and getting us ready for a new beginning. I'm excited to see where Captain Marvel goes from here, after an emotional year, and how her relationships grow.

David Lopez again did the art. From the cover of the next Captain Marvel volume, I can tell that Lopez's run has also ended. I've enjoyed how Lopez captures Captain Marvel's expressions, not just in her face, but in her body language, the hunched shoulders or the attack posture. I've enjoyed the lines and the colour. Everyone who came together on Captain Marvel: Alis Volat Propiis has done a wonderful job. I'm interested to see what style the new group brings.

Alis Volat Propriis was exactly what I've come to expect from a Captain Marvel comic, heart, humour and action. Though, they're a tricky group, comic creators. Because of this comic, I really want to start reading Legendary Star-Lord and there is a big "reference" to an adventure he is having with Kitty Pryde. Star-Lord and Shadowcat in space. That's hard to resist. Plus, even without DeConnick Carol Danvers is continuing to have some pretty big adventures. This isn't the last I'm going to see of any of them.


*She flies with her own wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment