Sunday, February 25, 2007

Robots

From the makers of Ice Age(Blue Sky Studios) comes Robots! Well, I wouldn’t spread the word on that too much. It was bad. I found myself falling asleep. My husband left after an hour. It was torturous.

I expected so much more. The animation itself is stunning. The characters, their movements, the backgrounds are so clean and crisp. It looks so real and flawless. The cast is all-star: Robin Williams, Ewan McGregor and Halle Berry just to name a few. These are talented, A-list actors. I only wish the story was worthy of their talents.

It was so utterly predictable. Small town boy moves to big city to live out his dreams (and his father’s vicariously). But, oh no!! There’s an evil villain in charge of the big corporation. He fights for his dreams, for the poor and gets the girl in the end. Even the things the characters say are so predictable. “Believe in yourself.” “You can do it!” Blah, blah, blah.

Honest recommendation: don’t watch it. I’m never getting that hour and a half back. I don’t want anyone else to loose that time too.

If you’re interested, here is the website for the movie and for Blue Sky Studios.

http://www.robotsmovie.com/

http://www.blueskystudios.com/content/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment