Friday, October 01, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

This week, our host Jennifer is asking how we promote our blogs. In the beginning, I didn’t really think about promotion. I did the blog mostly for myself. I told some friends about it and they read it sometimes. I created my blog so that when I finished a book, I could write about what I thought and felt. Though an avid reader, I don’t belong to any reading groups and until the last couple years, I hadn’t found anyone with similar tastes in books.

After a while, I decided to venture out into the blogosphere. I found some interesting blogs and started following/subscribing to RSS feeds. I commented occasionally, but it was still some time before I started promoting my blog. I haven’t done anything extraordinary. I participate in a few different weekly events, like the Hop. There’s also Short Story Monday at The Book Mine Set and Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and The Bookish. I also comment more often on all the great blogs I’ve found. I make sure to leave quality comments, taking the time to read a couple posts, the blogger’s profile if they have one and anything else that catches my eye. I agree with Jennifer in what she said about leaving good comments behind on your visits.

I don’t have a Facebook page and I don’t Twitter (though I’ve considered both). I don’t want to stretch myself too far; I don’t want to start, only to have it fade away into nothing or have it become a chore. I write my blogs because I enjoy it. I still think about Twitter and Facebook. Maybe one day I’ll join up and you’ll find me tweeting away. Until then, I’m happy here in the blogosphere.

4 comments:

  1. just saying hi and enjoy ur weekend.

    I, like you, tend to join in hops and comment on others blogs.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy HOP! I'm a new follower and I also join in with the weekly memes. It's a great way to get out in the blogging community and meet people.

    Come HOP by and visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, hopping by your blog. I believe reading other blogs and commenting and following is more effective than using networking site.I have facebook and twitter but it doens't help much except for the occasional reader friend who looks at the blog link at those site. =) sorry for the long comment and oh I'm your new follower.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Facebook once and I found it too much, on top of blogging. If my family was to get any attention ever again, something had to give. It was Facebook. Goodbye cousins' ex- girlfriends and classmates I didn't realize I had.

    ReplyDelete