Monday, February 25, 2013

Harry Potter: The Prequel

I had heard years ago (probably over four) that J.K. Rowling had written a short  Harry Potter prequel story.  At about 800 words, it is very short.  Why did it take me so many years to read it?  I'm not sure.  I knew it was there, and I wanted to read it, it just never happened.  I'm sorry I waited so long, yet I'm also not sorry.  I love the Harry Potter series.  I was sad when it came to its inevitable end.  It has been several years since I read the final book, The Deathly Hallows.  Reading The Prequel was like indulging in a bit of nostalgia.  I really enjoyed a peak at what James and Sirius were like when they were young.  It made me smile.  It made me wish there was more.  I know that Rowling will likely not write about Harry Potter and the wizarding world again, but she hasn't said never.  Who knows how she'll feel in ten or twenty years.  The Prequel has made me want to read the books again, possibly along with Pottermore.  800 words certainly made me think about a lot of things....

Short Story Monday is presented by John Mutford at The Book Mine Set.

5 comments:

  1. I both liked that prequel and hated it cos it was not long enough to sate anything. I know I'm not going to get it but I really wanted more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! An entire Original Order of the Phoenix novel would be awesome, but probably also very sad since we already know what happened to them....

      Delete
    2. It could be a good denial story though. Like "lalala not listening to what happens to them later. Everything is fun and wonderful now."

      Delete
    3. Agreed. I'm sure J.K. Rowling could be convinced to do that... right?

      Delete
  2. Harry Potter is my favorite story. When I get a time, I read the book. Thanks for share the post about Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete