Monday, October 07, 2013

Carrie


Carrie was everything I wanted and more than I expected. I think most people know a bit about Carrie, even if they haven't read the novel. Before I read it I knew it was about a girl who was some kind of telekinetic, who gets blood dumped on her at the prom and then causes destruction. What I didn't know was everything that led up to that event and what happened after. There is so much more to Carrie. One thing I didn't expect was how much I would sympathize with Carrie, even though I knew what she was going to do. 

If I wasn't already a Stephen King fan, I would definitely be now. King writes Carrie not just though the regular narrative, but through reports and articles and telegrams. It was interesting and I think kept the pace of the novel moving. I was hooked from the first page. I have owned this book for a little while, but just kept not reading it. I figured I knew what happened anyway. That was not a good reason. I should have read this book ages ago. A new Carrie movie is coming out. I want to see it and I want to see the old one too. Not only do I want to see how they portray Carrie, but her mother, Sue, Tommy and Chris.

I feel like I'm just saying things people already know.  Carrie was awesome.  I don't know if I could recommend it more.  It was a perfect October read.

No comments:

Post a Comment