Monday, August 11, 2014

The Spin Number

The Classics Club spin number is in and it's 17! 17 gives me Animal Farm by George Orwell. That's going to be so easy. I honestly was planning on reading that book this month anyway. I actually just posted about how I haven't read it yet, a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to be reading my second book by George Orwell. It's been a long time since I read 1984. I'm going to have to pace myself though, since the post isn't supposed to go up until October 6th!  

What classic will you be reading? 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I've always wanted to get this book because I know it parallels the Russian Revolution & Stalin's era and, because it's so short, it would actually give me time to dig out all of its symbolism. But not this time. This time I got The Importance of Being Earnest, which I'm very happy about! I'll look forward to hearing what you think about Animal Farm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Importance of Being Earnest. I look forward to hearing what you think.

      I'm excited about Animal Farm. It's short, but I do think they'll be a lot of thinking involved, like when I read 1984 and more recently, when I read Slaughterhouse-Five.

      Delete