Monday, December 03, 2018

The Christmas Chronicles

Another Netflix film that I thought was just so cute. Who could resist Kurt Russell as Santa? I didn't even mean to watch it. My daughter and her friend put it on over the weekend. I meant to keep going about my day, but then I saw that family. I saw their Christmases together. I saw how happy they all were together. When a movie starts that way, I get a sinking feeling. It's a feeling I always associate with the beginning of Up. If you've seen Up, you know what I'm talking about.

Maybe I could have walked away then, but nope. Santa bursts on the scene, or glitters, or something. Then BAM! All the highjinks starts and it's hilarious. It's funny, but heartwarming. It's magical, but also cynical. It's real, even when it's not. The Christmas Chronicles marries reality with childhood adventure and I couldn't resist it. Kurt Russell (and Mrs. Claus), put me in the holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment