Saturday, June 04, 2011

A Weekend For Sharing

I didn’t know if I’d have time participate in a Hop this weekend, but I couldn’t resist Jennifer’s prompt: “Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it’s close to your heart!”  There are two posts I want to share, not necessarily because they’re close to my heart. (If that were the case it would be The Dark Tower all the way!)

The first one I want to share is simply informative, Say It Right! I found a list at Literary Musings about how to properly pronounce many author’s names that are frequently said wrong. If you’re a fan of Salman Rushdie, Khaled Hosseini or Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, you should definitely take a look… and save a copy. Who knows when you might meet one of these excellent authors and you don’t want to be embarrassed.

The other post I want to share is a review I did of the short story, Ponies by Kij Johnson. This story won the Nebula Award this year. I’ve been sharing it with as many people as I can. It’s technically science fiction, but I think it definitely has literary merit. Ponies really highlights current issues in our culture, in a scary way. It’s only 3 pages when printed and you can get it for free online. I hope you enjoy the review and especially Johnson’s story.

What are you sharing this weekend?

** Update ** Sorry to all the blogs I couldn't comment on today (Saturday).  Blogger just kept kicking me off.  I couldn't even post anonymously!  Hope you had a  good Hop!


No comments:

Post a Comment