I saw this quick little update/list over at The Broke and The Bookish yesterday. I’ve read three of the five books Kelly mentioned. It’s a nice, fun update, but I had to really think about number five. For someone who has a slight book obsession, I haven’t gotten that many bookish gifts in the last year or two.
1. Book I Am Currently
: Forty Stories, edited by Cal Morgan. Forty Stories is probably the main reason I’m
doing this survey. I just want to tell
everyone about it. The ebook is a FREE collection
of forty short stories by forty different authors. Some have books out, some don’t. They are fantastic stories (I have about a
fifth of the book left). I think these
are the authors at their best. They are
intense, fascinating stories and I’d be happy to read a book by (almost) all of
these people. Reading
2. The Last Book I Finished: City of
3) by Cassandra Clare. So good! (Review here.) Glass
3. The Next Book I Want To Read: I haven’t quite decided which book I’d like to read. It will likely be either Insurgent, by Veronica Roth or Prismatic by Sarah Elle Emm (won on Goodreads).
4. The Last Book I Bought: I actually just ordered a bunch of books from Chapters that were on sale. Yay, sale! I bought Cinder by Marissa Meyer, The Good Man Jesus and The ScoundrelChrist by Phillip Pullman and The Fall (The Strain Two) by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I also bought a copy of Wither (which I already own) as a present for someone.
5. The Last Book I Was Given: The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger – The Little Sisters of Eluria, by Stephen King (plus many others). I haven’t read it yet because it’s based on a short story that he wrote that is in the collection, Everything’s Eventual. I have the collection beside my bed. Why haven’t I read it yet? I don’t know. Maybe that should be my answer to number 3.
Thoughts? Leave a link if you answer the questions on your site or answer them in the comments below. Be sure to check out the answers from The Broke and The Bookish too!