Friday, May 27, 2011

The Best and Worst Book to Movie Adaptations For The Crazy Blog Hop

Book Blogger Hop


This week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books gets her prompt from Britta from I Like These Books"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

Not too long ago (well, in February), this was a Top Ten Tuesday list. There are quite a few on that list that want to take the top spot. So I’m going to give you three. I really liked the adaptations of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Interview with the Vampire and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. You can look back at the list for the reasons why.

The worst one is easy. The Time Machine. It had nothing to do with the book! Nothing! It was so terrible; it made me want to cry. Well’s book is brilliant. It’s a fantastic examination of class structure and what it could possibly lead to. I spent the entire movie waiting for it to be like the book and except for the names of a few things, it never was. It was such an utter disappointment. I’d recommend the book without question, as for the movie, I wish I could strike it from memory.

Now, I’m having Blogger problems again. It was working when I was at home last night, but doesn’t want to work for me at the office (not that I should be blogging at the office). I hope Blogger fixes its problems soon.


3 comments:

  1. The film adaptation of 1984 was well done, in that it captured the grim, harrowing realities of Orwell's distopia.

    I have mixed feelings about the film adaptation of ELMER GANTRY. While the acting and story were well done, the film sanitized Elmer into a loveable scamp and neglected much of the book's satire about religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dystopia, not distopia. Forgive my bad spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen 1984, but I've read the book. Knowing what's going to happen, I might be too creeped out to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete