Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Dark Tower 4: Wizard and Glass




The main character of The Dark Tower series is a brilliant creation. I love Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger, the cowboy, the knight. He is representative of a dead age. He is an interesting, multifaceted character. He is described as having the most piercing eyes; eyes to love and to fear. I just don’t think the story of his first love needed to be so long. I was itching to get back to Eddie, Susannah and Jake halfway through that section.

I hate to say this, but Wizard and Glass is probably the weakest of the series so far. I was captivated by the first three novels. I was able to read through them in what felt like no time at all. In the middle of this novel, I had to push myself along for a few chapters. I am itching to read books 5-7, I just hope that I don’t find myself wishing it was a hundred pages shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment