Friday, August 06, 2010

Word of the Week!

I only have one entry this week. I’ve had a pretty busy week. There’s been a lot of family time (my daughter is growing up so fast!), a lot of visiting and getting things done around the house. I’ve still been reading, but not a lot of new words have come my way. I chose this one, because, while in context I knew what it meant, if I had to give a definition, I don’t think I’d be able to.

This week’s only entry is from Stephen King’s Under The Dome.

Shambled: The past tense of shamble. To walk in while shuffling or dragging the feet. To walk slowly and awkwardly, without lifting your feet correctly. The definitions are from Wiktionary and the Cambridge Dictionary. Junior Rennie is shambling his way home after doing something rather bad. He’s so self-involved, he doesn’t even know the Dome exists yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment