Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Love You Stinky Face

I Love You Stinky Face is a super cute children's book written by Lisa McCourt and illustrated by Cyd Moore.  It is silly and sweet.  It is all about a mother telling her child how absolutely unconditionally she loves him (or her).  The child asks, Mama, would you still love me if... And gives a different situation, a skunk, a meat-eating dinosaur, a swamp creature, a one-eyed monster, to just name a few.  Nothing the child comes up with can stop the mother's love.

To me, the child is drawn androgynously, so it could be a boy or a girl.  However, Hubby disagrees.  He says it's a boy.  The only other "problem" I had with the story was that I felt it was a little too long.  I keep feeling that it should end one "What if" sooner.  But, I have no idea which one I'd take out.

I Love You Stinky Face is a story with an attention grabbing title, great art and a wonderful message.  It leaves you with a happy feeling.  It's a great addition to any children's library.

No comments:

Post a Comment