Thursday, April 05, 2012

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Season 8: Retreat


I loved the two short stories at the end of Retreat. Harmony talks to Stephen Colbert and Buffy has a very bad dream. These stories really lightened the rest of the heavy, action-packed volume.

Retreat has Oz! I was so excited when I saw him there on the front cover (not a spoiler since he’s on the front cover). Even if they drew him a little too tall, it was Oz.  Amidst all the battles, we get to find out what happened to Oz after he left Sunnydale for Tibet the second time.  However, as happy as I am to see Oz, it has brought me to my complaint about the art. Where is his red hair? His hair is brown as we read the story. If his hair was also brown on the cover, then though I'd be sad they didn't use his red hair, I probably wouldn't complain about it. I just like consistency.

As for the actual story, Retreat was great. It had every character you could want make an appearance. It was nice seeing everyone together.  They fight, they argue and there’s a surprise appearance at the end.  Retreat didn't disappoint.  I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the next installment of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Season 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment