1. Oryx and Crake, 2. The Year of the Flood – I’d like to see both books made into movies. I think they’d be horrific and disturbing and fantastic films. They’d (hopefully) be the kind of movie that makes an impact, where you never really forget the story, just like the books.
Comment: This still holds. I don't know if it will ever happen, though. I'm reading MaddAddam right now and so far could be added to the list too.
3. The Hunger Games – Oh wait. They’re already making this into a movie. Yay! It better be good.
Comment: I really enjoyed The Hunger Games movie and I'm looking forward to Catching Fire.
4. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo – Oh wait. They’ve already made a Swedish movie, now we’re just waiting for the “Hollywood Blockbuster” to come out. I’ve heard the Swedish movie is amazing. The Hollywood movie better be good.
Comment: I never got around to seeing either version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I don't know why.
5. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell – Though parts of the book dragged, if you take some of it out, this would make for an exciting movie.
Comment: I think this would still make a good movie, but after reading some awesome books in the last couple years, I might replace it with John Scalzi's Redshirts.
6. Wicked – It’s a musical already, but it’s not as close to the book or as dark as the book. I think a movie could really show Elphaba at her best and worst.
Comment: I would still love to see a dark, movie version of Wicked.
7. Remember Me? – This one might make up for not having a great interpretation of Confessions of a Shopaholic I think the premise and outcome are unique and interesting. It wouldn’t be another formulaic chick-flick.
Comment: I think someone did a TV show with this sort of premise. It didn't work out. Instead, I think I'd like to see Wither, though I don't think a movie that has pregnant teenagers would fly.
8. The Paper Bag Princess – If they’ve done Where The Wild Things Are, why not The Paper Bag Princess? Let’s give the girls someone fantastic to look up to. It’s one of my favourite children’s books and I think a movie of it could be wonderful.
Comment: I still would love to see a movie about Elizabeth besting a dragon.
9. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – This would be so awesome.
Comment: I don't know if this movie is ever going to happen. It was, then it wasn't, and now I don't know.
10. A Series of Unfortunate Events – I know they did a movie encompassing the first three books, which was fantastic. I enjoyed the performances of Jim Carrey, Glenn Close and the actors who played the Baudelaire siblings. They’d probably have to start over since the actors have aged so much, but they’re such wonderful books, I think it would be worth it.
Comment: I think a movie of Who Could It Be At This Hour? would be pretty cool instead.
What books would you like to see made into movies? For those who did this topic before, do your choices still hold?