I'm so excited to be particippating in another Classics Club Spin! It's been too long since I did one. Though I don't always finish the book, I love the chance and the challenge.
I used to create a spin list divided into categories (categories I created based on the types of works I intended to read for the Classics Club). Last time I participated in a spin (a long time ago), I took note of a few bloggers who decided to make the list random using Random.org. I like random, so that's what I'm going to do again.
So here's my list:
1. Medea, by Euripides
2. The Waves, by Virginia Woolf
3. Little Dorrit, by Charles Dickens
4. The Weapons Shop, by A.E. van Vogt
5. Appointment with Death, by Agatha Christie
6. Daisy Miller, by Henry James
7. Dracula's Guest, by Bram Stoker
8. A Fairwell to Arms, by Ernest Hemingway
9. Macbeth, by William Shakespeare
10. Lyrical Ballads, by Samuel Taylor Coleridge and William Wordsworth
11. Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
12. From the Earth to the Moon, by Jules Verne
13. Sherlock Holmes #2: The Sign of Four, by Arthur Conan Doyle
14. Stories from Hans Christian Andersen
15. Cat's Cradle, by Kurt Vonnegut
16. Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson
17. The Cat In The Hat, by Dr. Seuss
18. Tales of Angria, by Charlotte Brontë
19. Three Series, Complete, by Emily Dickinson
20. Anne of Avonlea, by L.M. Montgomery
You know what I realized while making my list? I've read enough books that I had to regenerate a lot of my random numbers. That's good, right? I like the list I've ended up with. There is a bit of everything. There is some genre, some young adult, a couple short stories, some poetry and even a children's book. I think it worked out well.
I'm hoping for Agatha Christie though. As soon as that popped up, I knew I had to read it. Even if it is not my spin book, I think I'll be reading it soon. What book are you hoping for?