Sunday, September 25, 2016

Homemade Burger

The lighting in my dining room is
bad. I should have taken the picture
outside.
I know it's fall now, and the last hot weekend was probably last weekend, but I just have to share this homemade burger recipe. It's not winter yet, after all.

Ted Reader's recipe has served me well. I made a couple changes, as I always do. Follow the link to see the original recipe. My changes are below.

Here's the burger recipe, with my minor changes:

3 lbs ground beef
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 red onion (it calls for white onion and a whole one, but I like red better and one onion is too much.)
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1.5 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
6 or 12 buns (depends on how big you want your burgers. I would not do 6)
Mix it all together well.

When I make burgers for the four of us, I make 1/3 of the recipe. I make the burgers about 1cm thick and about a big around as my hand. When they grill, they shrink and thicken, if you know what I mean. I have a friend that I gave this recipe to and she dices some jalapeños to add to the mix. I definitely have to try that version.

You know what makes this burger great? The butter. It just gets absorbed into the meat and the burger is so moist. I feel like it's practically impossible to dry this burger out - and I might occasionally set my grill on fire. This is without a doubt, my go-to burger recipe. I hope you get a chance to enjoy some more barbecue time before the fall chill sets in!

4 comments:

  1. Never added butter to my burger patty mixture but man, that burger looks so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good! Like melt in your mouth. That day, my husband bought really nice buns too. It's not even *that much* butter, but it makes such a difference.

      Delete
  2. For a few seconds there I thought it was a recipe for ONE burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That would be a HUGE burger.

      Delete