Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Defenders


The ending was fantastic. I thought it was over, but there was more. There was a little more story to be told, a little more about these characters that needed to be said. I really liked how The Defenders brought everyone together, not just Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist, but Colleen and Misty, Karen and Trish, their friends who have helped them with their secrets, who just want them to live their best lives, are finding connections with others like them.

I'm looking forward to everything after this. I want more of all of them. I want more Jessica, more Luke, Matt, and Danny. Also, I want the Daughters of the Dragon. I really liked how the secondary characters had their own growth, moving their stories forward, trying to put things together, but also try to not hinder the Defenders. Some of them had real moments of bonding. Karen and Trish, looking at the board, sharing their worry was a great moment of quiet, in the midst of the fighting and chaos. 

I just wish the start was was a little better, more energetic. The initial fight was good, but after that, I feel like I spent 2 episodes waiting. I wanted them to be together sooner. I get the whole, look at where they are now thing, but the excitement happened when they were together. That fight in the white hallway, with Jessica’s scarf on Matt’s head was brilliant. It was what I had wanted from Iron Fist. The Defenders was so exciting, I could watch it again. I’m looking forward to seeing more from these characters and to the next time they team up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment