Monday, October 29, 2007

Canticle




After reading (and loving) so many of R. A. Salvatore’s books about Drizzt Do’Urden (the famed drow ranger), I though it was time to read about another of Salvatore’s characters, Cadderly. One important reason to begin reading about Cadderly was because Drizzt and Cadderly are going to meet in the next book in the series about Drizzt. So, now I have completed Canticle.

I must admit, I was a bit disappointed by the first half of the novel. It was slow to begin. I feel like it took forever get to the action. One of the reason it took so long for me to complete. My husband said that the book is written that way because it is the introduction to a five part series. I guess I understand. However, I’m sure I didn’t feel that way when I read The Crystal Shard (though that was the beginning to only a 3 part series).

Once you reached the meat of the story, Canticle was really good! The mysterious characters were intriguing. There was a great twist at the end. Cadderly is an interesting character, he definitely grew as a person because of these events. I am eager to read the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment