Monday, August 03, 2009


I am so glad I finally got to see Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. I found it a welcome addition to the Harry Potter franchise. The Half-Blood Prince has action, tense moments and maturing teenagers. As with the previous book to film adaptations, there were some good parts left out. I would have loved to see the Gryffindor team win the Quidditch cup, though I was happy to see Harry as captain, with Ginny and Ron on the team. It also would have been nice to be introduced to the new Minister of Magic, but that’s okay too. I’m sure the next movie will find us staring at a lion-esque man. I also would have liked a little more back story into who the Half-Blood Prince was. We get it in the book, but not for those who have only seen the film. I think the ending was well done, the battle and the meeting of friends. I also liked how the story began with the “Unbreakable Vow”. I’m glad that I was able to see it and can’t wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment