Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello Again!

Late in the day, but I couldn’t resist this list. From The Broke and The Bookish, the Top Ten Books I Want To Re-Read:

1. The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood
2. Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery
3. Haroun and the Sea of Stories, by Salman Rushdie
4. Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
5. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
7. Lives of Girls and Women, by Alice Munro
8. Flush, by Virginia Woolf
9. Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
10. Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling

My first list reached 18 before I stopped myself. I’ve read some great books and there are many I would like to read again. Even though I have an overflow of new books to read, I‘ve decided to revisit my old favourites. I’m re-reading Jekyll and Hyde and I recently re-read The Great Gatsby. I’m looking forward to getting to some of these books soon.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any Margaret Atwood, but I've heard good things.

    Ta!
    ~ Shanella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Life of Pi and I'm very excited to try Anne of Green Gables with my kids! A reread of Harry Potter is also in my near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to reread Frankenstein and I just reread Handmaid's Tale. I really want to read Haroun.

    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Anne of Green Gables series and Harry Potter too. I really should get around to re-reading Life of Pi :)

    ReplyDelete