Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Catching Fire (re-read)

I loved Catching Fire as much this time as I did the first time. I wanted to re-read the book before I saw the movie. It's what I did with The Hunger Games. I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to see the movie though. Life's been so busy lately. 

I'll keep my thoughts simple this second time. I really enjoyed Suzanne Collins' sequel. It was full of action. It entertained. The plot was more complex this time around. You get to see characters like Katniss's mother, Prim, Gale and others in a new light. What happened with Darius was so sad, the matching set that only serves to sadden Katniss. Catching Fire is a great book, the sequel to a series I often recommend. I'm excited to see the movie (soon!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment