Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thor: The Dark World


My Hubby and I finally got around to seeing Thor: The Dark World. I wish I could say I loved it.  There were parts I loved, like Thor and Loki in the ship or on the boat.  Jane and the Quantum Field Generator. Erik and Stonehenge. Loki being "righteous." Frigga! As a whole though, I thought it could be better.  I remember reading, when they were filming, that they brought Joss Whedon in to "fix" some script problems. Maybe they should have let him proof the whole thing...  Also, I was disappointed with the 3D. They didn't use it right. There were so many opportunities to make the 3D amazing (rocks and lasers my way, please).  I don't want to be too negative though.  I thought the visuals were amazing.  I liked hearing about what Jane went through after Thor left the first time. I loved the after battle scene with everyone eating breakfast, because what else is there to do? There were good surprises and great actors.  Thor was a fun movie.

2 comments:

  1. Good review Loni. Thor still surprisingly has something charming about him that not only has you root for him right away, but think of him as somewhat of a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan O. Thor is definitely a cool guy and I think well played by Chris Hemsworth.

      Delete