Sunday, February 14, 2016

Deadpool


Deadpool was everything I wanted it to be. It was funny, bloody and unapologetically rated R. It derserved that R rating too. The action, the car chases and fights, were amazing. They were excited and had my eyes glued to the screen. Honestly, I don't know how to talk about the movie without a spoiler explosion. I mean, the double mask reveal, 16 walls, 127 hours, angsty teenager, all of it was so well done. I kind of loved/hated Colossus. I loved the after-credits scenes. Go see the movie. Just don't take your kids.

Also, I've been loving the movie posters....

Also, Happy Valentines Day!!

6 comments:

  1. We're seeing it on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the soundtrack... Somewhat less impressed by the movie though it might get better on future viewings. It has that feel to it. Or was it one of those movies where all the backstory just gets in the way...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might get better with future viewings.... but I still enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed it too, though I didn't have high expectations. He's never been a favourite character of mine and I thought the trailers made him come across as too "bro". But he didn't come across that way nearly as bad in the actual movie. I, too, found it quite funny and some of the action scenes were amazing. I'm nervous though that too many studios will push for an R rating for their superhero movies. I mean just because it made sense for Deadpool doesn't mean it would for everyone. I hear they're pushing Wolverine 3 to have it, and that one makes sense, but I also heard they're considering it for Fantastic 4 which makes no sense at all. (And just goes to show, once again, how little they understand those characters-- I wish they'd hurry up and give them back to Marvel Studios!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. What works for Deadpool isn't going to work for other heros.

      Totally makes no sense for Fantastic Four. They should let FF lie low for a while... and give it back to Marvel.

      Delete