Thursday, October 19, 2017

Empire of Storms


Aelin, wow. She is certainly a schemer. She doesn’t share. I know it makes for better drama, but all those reveals at the end were crazy. She brought so many people together, from everywhere, through force of will and power, favours owed. It shouldn’t have been a surprise, but I was when certain people showed up. She might be young, but Aelin (and Lysandra) had a very unique upbringing, making both of the capablem of the things that they do.

With so many betrayals and lies in Empire of Storms, there was also trust and beginnings. I also hope in the future books, there will be forgiveness. So many of the characters tugged at my heartstrings. Lorcan, Gavriel, Aedion, Lysandra, Manon, Elide, they were all given dimension. They are more than just players in Aelin’s game, they each have their own personalities, hopes, fears, and desires.

I don't feel like I can say much more without giving away all the secrets of this novel. Empire of Storms was fantastic, heart-racing, and amazing. Definitely a book I couldn't put down, keeping me up late reading. It was exactly what I wanted from the fifth book in the Throne of Glass series. Sarah J. Maas continues to expand Erilea, with wonder, magic, and a rainbow of colours. I’m excited for Tower Of Dawn and whatever other books Maas adds to this exciting tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment