Monday, March 16, 2020

Global Lockdown


The world is shutting down, but we’re still here. Don’t forget. Don’t take this lightly, but don’t go nuts. The precautions are real and necessary, but after a few more weeks, a month or two, things will go back to normal. At least normal-ish. 

Social distancing. I love and hate it. I grew up in a culture of hugs and kisses, but I’ve also been more reserved, forcing myself to engage in the expected norms. I’m fine with that too. If I didn’t, I’d be a recluse. I’m still a homebody, so not going out isn’t a big deal. But it is. Events have been cancelled. Baby showers and birthdays. Will my friend’s wedding shower be okay in May? My cousin’s wedding in June? I can’t say for certain.

I just told my Hubby that I’m fine. I’m not fine. But I am.

I’m worried, but optimistic. I think as with SARS and H1N1, this will pass. Is it worse? Something to take very seriously? Yes. It might forever reshape how we interact with each other and the world. I’ve never had a problem placing a grocery order before. I laugh when I think of us ending up like the chair people in Wall-E. But we won’t (probably).

So ya, I’m having some feelings and I’m worried. Life isn’t stopping though. I’m working (from home). I’m talking to my family and friends. I’m cuddling my children as much as I can. I’m reading. I’m writing. I’m going to blog. I’ve just been getting back into it. I’m looking forward, while being aware of now.

Helpful Links:

*Source your information. It matters.*

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally more concerned about the consequences of people panicking (shortages, etc) than the virus itself. Its mortality rate is low...I think mostly its aggressive growth has us scrambling, though.

    ReplyDelete