Monday, August 27, 2012

Talking About Myself: A Quick Bookish Survey


I saw this quick little update/list over at The Broke and The Bookish yesterday.  I’ve read three of the five books Kelly mentioned.  It’s a nice, fun update, but I had to really think about number five.  For someone who has a slight book obsession, I haven’t gotten that many bookish gifts in the last year or two. 

1.  Book I Am Currently ReadingForty Stories, edited by Cal Morgan.  Forty Stories is probably the main reason I’m doing this survey.  I just want to tell everyone about it.  The ebook is a FREE collection of forty short stories by forty different authors.  Some have books out, some don’t.  They are fantastic stories (I have about a fifth of the book left).  I think these are the authors at their best.  They are intense, fascinating stories and I’d be happy to read a book by (almost) all of these people.
 
2.  The Last Book I Finished City of Glass (Mortal Instruments 3) by Cassandra Clare.  So good!  (Review here.)

3.  The Next Book I Want To Read:  I haven’t quite decided which book I’d like to read.  It will likely be either Insurgent, by Veronica Roth or Prismatic by Sarah Elle Emm (won on Goodreads).

 4.  The Last Book I Bought:  I actually just ordered a bunch of books from Chapters that were on sale.  Yay, sale!  I bought Cinder by Marissa Meyer, The Good Man Jesus and The ScoundrelChrist by Phillip Pullman and The Fall (The Strain Two) by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan.  I also bought a copy of Wither (which I already own) as a present for someone.

5.  The Last Book I Was GivenThe Dark Tower:The Gunslinger – The Little Sisters of Eluria, by Stephen King (plus many others).  I haven’t read it yet because it’s based on a short story that he wrote that is in the collection, Everything’s Eventual.  I have the collection beside my bed.  Why haven’t I read it yet?  I don’t know.  Maybe that should be my answer to number 3.

Thoughts?  Leave a link if you answer the questions on your site or answer them in the comments below.  Be sure to check out the answers from The Broke and The Bookish too!

No comments:

Post a Comment