Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Do I Have a Problem?: First Books

Making the list for yesterday's Top Ten Tuesday brought something to my attention.  I own the beginnings to A LOT of series.  This doesn't count series I've already started (as of Tuesday, March 5th, 2013) for some of these series, started and unstarted, I own multiple books.  Am I ever going to catch up?

Here is my list from yesterday's Top Ten Tuesday.

1. The Raven Cycle (Book 1: The Raven Boys), by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Falling Kingdoms (Book 1: Falling Kingdoms), by Morgan Rhodes
3. All The Wrong Questions (Book 1: Who Could It Be At This Hour), Lemony Snicket
4. His Dark Materials (Book 1: The Golden Compass), by Philip Pullman
5. Forever Girl (Book 1: The Forever Girl), by Rebecca Hamilton
6. The Strain Trilogy (Book 1: The Strain), by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan
7. Cadence Jones (Book 1: Me, Myself & Why?), by MaryJanice Davidson
8. Legend (Book 1: Legend), by Marie Lu
9. Fallen (Book 1: Fallen), by Lauren Kate
10. The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Book 1: Shiver), by Maggie Stiefvater

Here are the books/series I didn't put on the list.

11. Infernal Devices (Book 1: Clockwork Angel), by Cassandra Clare
12. Delirium (Book 1: Delirium), by Lauren Oliver
13. Eve (Book 1: Eve), by Anna Carey
14. Sword of Truth (Book 1: Wizard's First Rule), by Terry Goodkind **
15. Abandon Trilogy (Book 1: Abandon), Meg Cabot
16. All Souls Trilogy (Book 1: A Discovery of Witches), by Deborah Harkness
17. A Love Story (Book 1: Bloodsucking Fiends), by Christopher Moore *
18. The DemonWars Saga (Book 1: The Demon Awakens), by R.A. Salvatore **
19. The Frey Saga (Book 1: Frey), Melissa Wright
20. Darkness Falls (Book 1: Darkness Falls), by Jessica Sorensen
21. Fallen Star (Book 1: The Fallen Star), by Jessica Sorensen

21!  How do I have books belonging to 21 different series that I haven't even started yet.  I'm already reading books in other series that I haven't finished yet.  Though, part of this is because I'm waiting for the next book to come out or I'm budgeting and waiting for a sale to buy the next books.  Seriously, I need to consider not buying the first book in a series, only to have it sitting on my shelves for years (YEARS!).  Any advice on where to start with this list?

*Christopher Moore's series is the only one where I own books 2 and 3, but not book 1.  How did that happen?  I wanted to read Moore, because there are bloggers and people I know in real life who love his work.  I saw You Suck (book 2), liked the title and synopsis, plus it was a hardcover on sale for $5.99, I think (I remember it being really cheap), so I bought it.  After I did some more research, I found out it was book 2.  Ugh.  This past summer, I was in a used bookstore and saw Bite Me (book 3).  Since I already had book 2and the price was right, I bought it.
**The Terry Goodkind and R.A. Salvatore books are technically my husbands, but there's still there, sitting on the shelf, with all the other books I want to read, but I could have left them out if I wanted to seem less crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment