This week The Broke and The Bookish have asked what are my Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger. The only trouble I had with this list is remembering which books I read before I was a blogger. I've been blogging since 2006 and that's a lot of books. Then, I also had trouble narrowing it down to ten. But here are ten favourites that have stayed with me over the years. I plan on re-reading some (all) of them eventually.
1. The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood
2. The Time Machine, by H.G. Wells
3. Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston
4. Kindred, by Octavia Butler
5. The Lord of The Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkein
6. Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
7. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
8. Lives of Girls and Women, by Alice Munro
9. The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath
10. Haroun and The Sea of Stories, by Salman Rushdie
I'm going to sneak in an honourable mention of books 1-6 of the Harry Potter series.
What books did you love before blogging?