Monday, April 29, 2013

Continuum

Did anyone watch Continuum last year?  Or last night?  It is a science-fiction show about a "Protector" (cop) from the year 2077 who gets transported back to present day Vancouver. It is so good. I was addicted to the 10 episodes of season one last year.  I had been hoping and hoping that Continuum would be renewed for a second season and it was, this time with 13 episodes.  The second season premiered on Showcase on the 21st.  I think the first season is airing now on SyFy in the US.

Why do I like this show?  I don't know.  I think Rachel Nichols (who was in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra - Don't hold that against her -, Criminal Minds, Alex Cross, Alias) is awesome as lead character, Kiera Cameron.  I find Kiera's struggles with moral decisions, to let the future play out how it's supposed to because she wants to go home vs. not being able to standby and watch people die, really interesting.  She's also not a "pure" hero.  She makes mistakes and can be selfish, but in the end it is all so she can be reunited with her son.

I'm excited to see where Continuum goes this season.




No comments:

Post a Comment