Sunday, October 06, 2013

Some Stuff That's Been Happening

I'm skating toward unemployment again.  It's my own fault, really.  I took a job last summer (2012) that was a maternity leave contract, which meant only a guaranteed one year of employment.  I listened to the promises. We're so busy, we'll need to keep you on.  We'd like you to stay doing all this stuff. We're 99.9% sure we are going to keep you, etc, etc...  Well, that .01% chance happened.  It is just not financially feasible to keep both of us.  Well, fine.  I was not surprised but, still disappointed.

It's really affected my mood.  I couldn't concentrate on the book I was reading, so I stopped and switched books, something I rarely do.  That helped some.  I didn't feel like blogging.  This blog is sitting with 8 unfinished posts.  My other blog has three, I post less often there, so three is a lot.  I'm hoping to pull myself out. I want to finish my blog posts. I want to read more. I want to figure out a way to have fun without feeling guilty. Thanksgiving I coming up. Maybe I'll blog about my meal? Maybe not.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a shame. I hope something else comes up soon and that the whole process isn't too stressful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I'm trying not to get too stressed about it.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about the job. Stupid 0.01% Hopefully something comes up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think they were just full of s&%^. Or they were too blind to see what was happening with their own business.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8/10/13 11:16

    So sorry to hear the news. I'm sure things will turn around for you. Take care until then.

    ReplyDelete