Thursday, January 02, 2014

A Note About My Winter Break

I was sick.  I AM sick.  Since about the 19th or 20th of December.  I thought I had a really bad cold and I tried to push through it.  That made all the Holiday dinners a little rough.  I went through the last couple weeks with a filter on between me and the world (I still have it on).  I'm exhausted from not sleeping properly.  It all makes me a little sad, because I didn't get to fully enjoy all the Holiday craziness like I normally do.  I did eventually go to the doctor.  I always take my children to the doctor when they're sick, but me...  I got some antibiotics and other things to make this go away.  But it's still here.  It'll probably be a week before I'm back.  

Not only was I unable to fully partake in the Holiday fun, but I also didn't read.  I didn't blog.  I didn't play any of the awesome games I now have in my house.  I barely moved.  There was me, the couch and a fuzzy blanket.  I can't believe I came to work today.  At least I'm not busy.  I miss the couch, though.  I'm not even sure what I'm typing here makes sense.  It's taking a lot of effort.  There's so much I want to do, but the urge to lay down and sleep is taking over.  The end of the work day can't some soon enough.

Did you get any time off?  How was it?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, none of that sounds like fun. For what it's worth, your writing made perfect sense. I really that after this 2014 is smooth sailing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope 2014 (or at least the next few months) go a little more smoothly than the last while. I'm feeling better today, but still sick. I'm wondering if I need to go back to the doctor.

      Hope you have a smooth 2014 too, John!

      Delete