Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise

I bought Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise as a gift to myself this year. I'm so glad that I did. The Promise was exactly what I wanted it to be. I loved Avatar when it was on TV and I'm really enjoying The Legend of Korra now. The Promise continues the story (with a bit of overlap) of Aang and his friends, as the journey to peace is not as simple as defeating the Fire Lord. The art is beautiful. The dialogue is fun, witty and entertaining, evoking the tone of the show. I can hear the voices of the characters as I read each page. 

I'm really glad I bought the library edition of The Promise, the authors have included thoughts and insights into the creation of this graphic novel. I enjoyed reading each one and it really comes across how much they loved the show and working on the graphic novel. I'm excited to read the next installment, The Search as the only thing missing from this exciting story was what happened to Zuko's mother. Any fan of the show would thoroughly enjoy The Promise and those who haven't watched the show would still enjoy a great story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment