Monday, November 10, 2014

Book Memory Challenge

I saw this post on What Red Read yesterday (I'm a bit behind in my blog reading; she posted this in October) and thought it would be fun to test my bookish memory. I tried not to look at Red's answers so as not to influence my own and was mostly successful.
 
Here are the questions: 
 
Here are my answers:
 
1. Michael Ondaatje
2. Eragon
3. Of Mice and Men
4. NW, by Zadie Smith
5. The Thorn Birds
6. All I can think of is the movie Sweet November. Was it ever a book?
7. The Knife Of Never Letting Go
8. Magisterum Book One: The Iron Trial. I know it's kind if cheating, but it says Book One on the book, so maybe it counts. 
9. Harry Potter and the...
10. The Hunger Games (This was probably the easiest one. I had loads to choose from.)

 
 
Here is me checking my answers:
 
1. Easy peasy... Ondaatje is one of my favourite authors.
2. Check
3. Check
4. Check
5. Check
6. Nope, it was never a book, but this is where my brain got stuck.  My brain couldn't have come up with The Hunt for Red October?  Because that was actually a book before it was a movie.  Goodreads has a list, though I've heard of some of the books, others are a real stretch (May shouldn't count when they mean "may")
7. Not all the editions have a knife on the cover, but the one I was thinking of does, so Check.
8. I'm going to say, no.  I could have said, One Hundred Years of Solitude, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, One Day...
9. Check
10. Check.... super easy
 
I did pretty good, I think.  8 out of 10.  If anyone else does the memory challenge, please put your link in the comments so I can check it out.

2 comments:

  1. You did SUPER good and you came up with a bunch of titles that made me go "OH DUH OBVIOUSLY"

    That month one was ridiculously hard and didn't seem like it would be AT ALL. Agreed that May does not equal may when looking for a month book title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Once my mind got stuck on the movie title, no other months would enter my head. I'm only bummed that I didn't get #8. I feel like I should have come up with one of those titles (even though I haven't read any of those books).

      Delete