Sunday, September 17, 2017

Blog Facelift

I decided to give my blog a little facelift. The background picture is different; it is from an ice storm last winter. I kind of love it, the way the ice coats the branches of the bushes, the clarity of the ice, but also the harshness of it. I changed my profile picture. The old one was from when I first started this blog over 10 years ago, so definitely time for a change. The fonts are mostly the same, the colours are different though. I've also made social media connections easier. On the sidebar, I have some pretty icons I got from here, and I used the instructions I found here. I like written instructions with screenshots better than video. There is no pausing and it's quieter. I don't need the kids hearing it and asking me what I'm doing. I changed the theme the blog is based on. It's similar to the old one, but I think it lets the background picture through better. I'm thinking about changing the layout, but I'm not sure. I'm fairly happy with the way it looks now. Different, but not too different.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful background, and it goes well with the social icons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I obsessed about this for a while, finally sitting down yesterday to get it done.

      Delete