Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Another Classics Spin

I couldn't resist another Classics Club spin. I was so happy about my last selection. I hope that this one is just as enjoyable. If you want to join in, posts up by May 12. Books are supposed to be read by July 7, but it's okay if they aren't. I've had a late book... 

I've decided to continue splitting up my list the same way as I've done for the previous spins. I've kept a lot of the same titles as last time with just a few changes. 


Novels
1. Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood
2. Appointment with Death, by Agatha Christie
3. Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
4. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, by Anne Brontë

Short Stories / Novellas
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Study In Scarlett, by Arthur Conan Doyle
6. The Big and The Little, by Isaac Asimov
7. Dracula's Guest, by Bram Stoker
8. Under the Knife, by H.G. Wells

Poetry / Theatre
9. Lady Lazarus, by Sylvia Plath
10. Queen Mab, by Percy Bysshe Shelley
11. Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmund Rostand
12. Death of a Salesman, by Arthur Miller

Children’s / Young Adult / Juvenilia
13. Tales of Angria, by Charlotte Brontë
14. Tales from Hans Christian Andersen, by Hans Christian Andersen
15. The Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum
16. The Tale of Peter Rabbit, by Beatrix Potter

Re-Reads
17. Middlemarch, by George Eliot
18. The Stone Angel, by Margaret Laurence
19. Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery
20. Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain

What are you looking forward to? What are you dreading?

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/5/14 14:17

    I loved both Tom Sawyer and Cyrano de Bergerac when I read them. And you can't really go wrong with Agatha Christie. Good luck with your spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few Agatha Christie books and I've really enjoyed all of them. I read Tom Sawyer maybe in 7th or 8th grade. I'm interested in seeing if I still enjoy the novel, since I only vaguely remember it.

      Delete
  2. I read Tom Sawyer also at school and wasn't impressed, that's why it's in my Classics Club list for a re-read - I'm sure I'll be able to appreciate it a lot more now. :) Good luck with the spin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember liking Tom Sawyer. I'm hoping when I re-read it I still do.

      Delete
  3. I've been feeling like reading some Fairy Tales for awhile now, so your Hans Christian Andersen choice looks appealing. I'm scared of Margaret Atwood but I know I should read her someday. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is enjoyable and Middlemarch was excellent. I hope you get a great book for your spin read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been feeling like fairy tales too. Even if its number doesn't come up I'll probably end up reading it anyway.

      Don't be scared of Atwood. I've read a bunch of her books and enjoyed them all.

      Delete
  4. If you get Hans Christian Andersen, try to get Tiina Nunnally's translation if you are able to. I read her translation of his stories a couple of years ago and was blown away. I never realized how much character his writing had.

    I hope to re-read Anne of Green Gables soon, since I will be going to Prince Edward Island for the first time next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have a copy of Andersen's Fairy Tales, I don't remember who did the translation. There are so many out there.

      I loved Anne of Green Gables. I hope to read it again soon.

      Delete
  5. You have a great list with a real good mixture of books, short-stories and poetry. Good luck for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'd be happy with any of the choices though.

      Delete