Monday, May 05, 2014

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


I finally got to see Catching Fire this weekend.  I tried to see it in theatres, but that was a very busy time for me and it just didn't happen. There was just never any time. I don't know when my life became so busy!  I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner.

I don't know if I've ever been happier with a book adaptation. Though there were a few bits and pieces missing from Catching Fire, the movie captured the spirit of the book. As we were watching it, my Hubby called it a stressful movie. The tension that I loved in the book was playing out on screen. I was glad that we watched it together and I could hear his comments as someone who had not read the books and was seeing the story unfold for the first time.  

I love Finnick and Johanna.  I loved them in the book.  They were fantastic on screen.  I think the casting was perfect.  I was so happy that they kept Johanna stripping in the elevator.  I think it's fun and some needed relief when so much death and craziness is happening.  

I'm know I'm late to the Catching Fire movie party, so I don't think I'll add anything else... except for a bunch of movie posters.  In general, I enjoy movie posters, but the ones for Catching Fire I found very "Capitol".  One more thing, I forgot that they were splitting Mockingjay into two movies. Apparently this is a thing now.  So, I'm exciting for November 2014 and November 2015 and hopefully my life won't be as busy and I'll get to watch the movies in the theatre.





No comments:

Post a Comment