Sunday, January 10, 2016

Throne of Glass


The main character of Throne of Glass, Celaena, is an assassin, an 18-year-old, female assassin, who has been living in a death camp! How could I resist that? I liked Celaena a lot. I like Dorian too. Choal was the character for me though. I loved Captain Choal Westfall. Something about him, I don't know. He won my heart. I enjoyed reading, as he slowly changed his mind. I liked that all the characters went through a journey. They started as seemingly one thing, thinking one way and by the end they were something else. I liked the growth and learning. I liked the unexpected moments. Though I totally knew who was drawing under the bed. 

One thing I thought there would be more of was Celaena fighting and maybe....assassinations? She's supposed to be the most feared assassin in the land, but she doesn't spend as much time as I expected fighting. It happens, but it seems like it happens when we're not looking. Though she has some pretty kickass moments...and she does spend time recovering from her year in a death camp, I just thought there'd be more. 

I wondering what is going to happen next. Not just to Celaena and the relationships with those around her, but to the continent. What is the king going to do next? What about Elena? There's something happening in the land. 

There are 5 published books in Sarah J. Maas' series (as far as I know), 4 novels and 1 collection of the prequel novellas (which are all available individually as ebooks). I'm so excited to read them. Knowing how many books there are opens up the possibilities for life and death. I enjoy long series (though I'm not especially good at keeping up with them) and I am looking forward to reading more of the Throne of Glass. 

For those who want to make sure they're saying it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment