Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Court of Frost and Starlight



A Court of Frost and Starlight is an in-between book, a transition novella. Of course, I will read anything Sarah J. Maas writes about Feyre and Rhysand. Also Cassian, Nesta, Mor, Azriel and Elain. I love the characters she has created and developed throughout the series. Tamlin may have gone a little crazy. Lucien is still trying to find his place in the world. Will there be story about him and his trio? There will have to be some kind of adventure to free Vassa, right? I can't believe Feyre hasn't told him the truth, she wants them to be friends again, wants him to be happy, but this secret is serious. Feyre and Rhysand certainly keep a lot of secrets. Their whole family does. Mor definitely left me surprised.


Part of me feels like nothing really happened. The book was short and sweet, a glimpse into everyone's lives. I enjoyed it, but there was no battle to be fought. All their battles were internal. Each character is still dealing with what happened during the war. Some have found a new family, a place to belong, others are outcasts, others are alone. The characters are definitely what kept me involved in this book. I had to know what happened. A big part of that was seeing what Feyre would say to Lucien. I'm also waiting for everyone to get what they deserve, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment